I’m Helen and I’ve been teaching dynamic flow yoga in Maidstone, Kent since 2008. I love sharing my Ashtanga-inspired passion with people of all shapes and sizes, ages and abilities, and believe that everybody can benefit from a bit of yogic bliss on whichever level serves them best in their present moment.
To expand my own practice, and to broaden the knowledge and tools I have to share this path of yoga with others, I recently completed a 500-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with esteemed teacher training school, YogaLondon.
Alongside my traditional Ashtanga practice and classes, I also like to play!! This is where vinyasa, Hot Yoga, SUP Yoga, inversions, and especially handstands come in.
My first experience of SUP Yoga was in 2013, and it became a life changing moment (in than one way, but that’s another story!)! I trained with SUPfit to teach SUP Yoga and more recently SUP Fitness, and am now qualified with BSUPA as a Level 1 SUP Instructor. I am also really proud to be the SUP Yoga Ambassador for Hatha Paddleboards.
It is my aim to make yoga and paddleboarding, in all their forms, an enjoyable, accessible and healthy experience for all, and to show my enthusiasm for and dedication to yoga, health, happiness and nature with every moment I teach!
Come and join me on this journey … there are exciting things to come!
- 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certificate with Chi Yoga School, 2007 – 2008
- 500-hour Yoga Alliance Certificate with YogaLondon, 2015 – 2016
- SUPfit SUP Yoga Certified Instructor, August 2014
- SUPfit SUP Fitness Instructor, June 2017
- BSUPA Level 1 Ready to Ride Instructor, June 2017
- whYoga Pregnancy Yoga Certificate, August 2011
- Rooted in Yoga: 50-hour Functional Anatomy & Yin Yoga Level (I), February 2018
- Approximately 5,500 yoga teaching hours to date