I’m Helen and I’ve been teaching dynamic flow yoga in Maidstone, Kent since 2008. I love sharing my Ashtanga-inspired passion with people of all shapes and sizes, ages and abilities, and believe that everybody can benefit from a bit of yogic bliss on whichever level serves them best in their present moment.
To expand my own practice, and to broaden the knowledge and tools I have to share this path of yoga with others, I completed a 500-hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training with esteemed teacher training school, YogaLondon in 2016.
Alongside my traditional Ashtanga practice and classes, I also like to play!! This is where vinyasa, Hot Yoga, SUP Yoga and inversions come in.
My first experience of SUP Yoga was in 2013, and it became a life changing moment (in than one way, but that’s another story!)! I trained with SUPfit to teach SUP Yoga and more recently SUP Fitness, and am now qualified with BSUPA as a Level 2 SUP Race/Tour Instructor. I am also really proud to be a SUP Yoga Ambassador for Hatha Paddleboards.
I’m currently working really hard with Sasha Chisholm to set up SUPTA – SUP Training Academy, to offer SUP Yoga, SUP Pilates and (in the future) SUP Fitness Teacher Training Courses both in the UK and abroad! Our first courses are running in August and September 2019, so please get in touch if you’d like to know more.
It is my aim to make yoga and paddleboarding, in all their forms, an enjoyable, accessible and healthy experience for all, and to show my enthusiasm for and dedication to yoga, health, happiness and nature with every moment I teach!
Come and join me on this journey … there are exciting things to come!
- 200-hour Yoga Alliance Certificate with Chi Yoga School, 2007 – 2008
- 500-hour Yoga Alliance Certificate with YogaLondon, 2015 – 2016
- SUPfit SUP Yoga Certified Instructor, August 2014
- SUPfit SUP Fitness Instructor, June 2017
- BSUPA Level 1 Ready to Ride Instructor, June 2017
- BSUPA Level 2 Race/Tour Instructor, April 2019
- whYoga Pregnancy Yoga Certificate, August 2011
- Rooted in Yoga: 50-hour Functional Anatomy & Yin Yoga Level (I), February 2018
- Approximately 6,000 yoga teaching hours to date